Welcome to the Educator Resources section of Climate Conduit’s Environmental Education Hub. Here, we provide a wealth of classroom materials and tools designed to empower educators in fostering environmental consciousness among students. Our collection of engaging lesson plans, interactive activity guides, and multimedia resources will equip you with the means to inspire the next generation of eco-conscious leaders.
1. Engaging Lesson Plans:
- Introduction to Climate Change Lesson Plan From the OER Project – The OER Project offers comprehensive climate change insights and educational resources for grades 9-12
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA): Climate Education – Comprehensive climate education resources and insights.
- Biodiversity Exploration Lesson Plan – At the end of this comprehensive biodiversity lesson plan, students will be able to describe how biodiversity contributes to the sustainability of an ecosystem.
2. Interactive Activity Guides:
- Climate Change Indicators – From the EPA, this website describes observed changes in the environment, society, and ecosystems.
- The 31 Day Zero Waste Challenge – Is an excellent blog that can help anyone reduce their waste, reuse items, be more sustainable and less consumerist overall!
3. Multimedia Tools:
- 15 Habitats Virtual Field Trips for Kids – Discover diverse ecosystems with virtual field trips.
- Climate Change Video Series – Explore the science of climate change and its impact on our world with a series of six animated short films from the Science Museum Group.
4. Environmental Science Projects:
- Eco-Art Showcase – Art and design to foster the green economy.
- NOAA: Data in the Classroom – Curriculum modules that demonstrate techniques for using real climate change data in the classroom.
- The People’s Garden – Promoting sustainability and community through education and gardening.
5. Webinars and Workshops:
- Teaching about Climate Change with Project Based Learning – Engage in high quality Project Based Learning to deepen knowledge.
- The Teacher-Friendly Guide to Climate Change – A free resource helping you to teach climate change AND stay sane.
Have a link to contribute to this list? Please email email@example.com!